Sunday, October 07, 2007

Rains


Rain rain go away... little johnny wants to play.
i don't know why would little johnny not want rain to be there. I mean don't kids love to get wet. I still do. And i do get wet most of the times.

But why suddenly rains? well, for once somehow rains have been following me for some days now (not literally). but wherever i see, i see a mention of it. A junior has his status message that says, "i love rain". Called mom, she was upset with too much of it, shez not able to go shopping and the pujas are around the corner. And many many more. But when i landed on a blog by Megha about how she loves rain, i thought, someone's tryingto tell me something. Maybe, just maybe, I need to write something about it, or not. But i decided to take the plunge and here i am writing about rains (or on the lack of it).

I was born in a family which loved rains. Sure i have been spanked for not wearing my raincoats even after having it in my bag all along. Sure i have been scolded for leaving my umbrella just outside my home, so that i dont have to carry it, and for walking and jumping in the knee deep puddles that are formed on the road. But, still i always believed my family loved rains. I could see my mom, my dad, me and my brother all sitting near the window watching the beauty of the nature's most amazing occurence. Looking at the playfield infront with temporary rivers formed on them. Children playing and running around while there parents looking at them angrily and waiting for them to get back for a flogging (i am sure others would have seen me doing the same a lot many times). And when its accompanied with gusts of wind, nothing could be dearer to watch. Clothes clinging to people as if asking them to for once give them shelter under their skin. Its beautiful.
Even in KGP, I have enjoyed the rain. We became children again, played football, rugby and what not. Went on a stroll amid heavy downpour. Stood on the corridors getting soaked in cold and heavy showers. We have even run into the open spaces collecting ice, after a hail-storm in our first year. There's nothing better than a hot cup of coffee while you are completely soaked. And we have been lucky enough to do all that.

So, when in Gurgaon I found that rain was a luxury, my soul cried.... ok that was going a little overboard but i sure missed it. I have almost savoured every drop that i could. But 10-12 showers in the whole rainy seaon? (got wet 6-7 times).

Three words.... I NEED RAIN. Send it along, plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

5 comments:

Ravish said...

How true about the rains!
I remember how we enjoyed rains in KGP. Especially, during the second year summer vacation, when we stayed back, rains always used to come as relief from the humid heat.
Do you remember that time when D - First went for a 2.2 on one rainy evening and then for tea at Harry's.
Awesome times!!!

Neeraj said...

exactly ravish, that and many more. would give one of my arms for those times now.

Crystal said...

ohkay...here are my emotions ..
when i read a comment from u ..was happy as any blogger is...
then wondered how u reached my blod
then visited ur blog..to see uR entry on rain!
thought ..plagiarism!!!n was surprised..
just scrolled down to see..my blog gave u the final push to write abt it!!!very pleased i could inspire somone
oh kay1not bad na;)

Abigail Alexis~ said...

I always new I loved rain, but until I read your blog I never stopped to wonder if my parents did. It set my mind to thinking. Neither of them ever hinted like or dislike of the rain my entire life. (scratch my head) How can someone ,like me, who loves the rain so thurrily not have inherited this love from someone. Next time I talk to my mom I shall pose the question. "Mom do you simply adore the rain" wondering

chocolato said...

I was just going through your blog (forgive me for that late-nite intrusion) and came across this post. I realized how much I love rain here in India. There must be something...
And I remembered a post with Rain songs I had written last summer. here it goes...http://sve.nomadlife.org/2007/05/rain.aspx

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 India License.